Saturday 23 August 2014

Sun-kissed Summer TAG!

I apologize for not posting for a few weeks. I have been extremely busy with work and family events. But hey ho, I am back now and that is what matters!


There is still a month left of Summer and the weather has completely changed in England- one minute it is the hottest day on record and the next minute it is raining for 10 days! Therefore, I thought that I should complete this tag in hope of getting back the scorching summer weather.

Fingers crossed...

1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
Well, I don't wear as much make-up during summer because my foundation never suits me and I get darker than before- I am not complaining. As I am Pakistani, I already have brown skin, but the sun makes me many shades darker; a shade that does not suit me. I have totally just gone on a tangent... Anyway, I do not use any products for a sun kissed summer glow because I get so dark that none of the products would have any effect on my skin- I use the sun basically!

However, I have heard good things about many bronzers that I think would help those with a lighter skin shade to achieve a sun kissed summer glow. 
1) Benefit- Hoola
2)Mac- Gingerly
3)Benefit- Dallas

2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
The Fault In Our Stars. Enough said.

3. What's your signature summer scent this year?
Justin Bieber- Someday. If you hate Justin Bieber and would never think of buying this, you would be pleasently surprised if you ever smelt it. I have recently been gifted 'Lady Million- Eau My Gold' and I think that will replace 'Someday' very soon!

4. The sun is shining and it's time to get outside! What's your favorite thing to do?
I love walking around in the park and appreciating nature. Sometimes I will even get down to sunbathe.

5. You're on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What's your go-to summer beach food?
This one is difficult. Hmm... I would say an ice cream or a slush puppy!

6. Sunscreen is always important, but it's a MUST in summer! What's your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
I only ever put sunscreen on my face because my body is covered up all the time when I am outside. I don't think I need to wear it if I am wearing a cardigan, am I right? You must be thinking about how strange I am right now. Swiftly moving on...

7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
I eat watermelon and drink a glass of freezing cold water. If you don't like watermelon, you are craaaaaaaazzzyyyyy!

8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
This is the first summer ever where I have worn my hair down nearly everyday. It is not because I think it suits me, I am just obsessed with the strange colour. My hair colour does gradually get lighter as you get further down, but I wouldn't class it as 'Ombre'- more like a dip dye gone wrong, I think? Let me describe it to you. It starts of with a really dark brown/black colour, my natural colour, that covers about 3/4 of my hair. The other quarter is a very light brown that you can only see properly in the sun; however, sometimes this light brown gives off some shades of blonde and I think it looks pretty- my parents think different.

9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
Any red nail polish or 'Barry M Gelly Hi Shine- Pomegranate'.

10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
I love 90210, so I have started watching the series from the beginning and it is amazing. I enjoy it for two reasons: the plot and the weather. The weather in nearly every episode is perfect and that encouraged me to go outside to embrace the summer beauty. I also enjoy watching 'New Girl', but I could watch that all day, everyday- who doesn't love Zooey D.

11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I prefer to wear a BB cream in the summer because it is light coverage and feels light on your skin. However, this summer I have rarely worn makeup: if I have, it has been eyeshadow and eyeliner.

12. It's super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
I don't own a hat, so sunglasses. I don't even think I have a pair of sunglasses anymore... ooops.

13. What is your summer jam this year?
I have sooo many. The '5 seconds of Summer' album is always on repeat, it is just perfect. 

14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
I don't like to plan out these things because they never seem to happen, so I like to do things as they come. 

15. Summer means heat... and sweat! What's your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
I am mentioning two, but it is not classed as cheating! Number 1 is L'oreal Superliner Eyeliner, and the second is 'They're Real- BBenefit'.
Both are AMAAAZING!

16. Summer wouldn't be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
RED VELVET! I do not know how that would taste, but I am really craving Red Velvet cupcakes. I just had the greatest idea... image icecream with doughnut pieces in? ERMAAGHAD!If someone brings/bakes me cupcakes, I will love you FOREEEEVER!

I saw this tag on Ingrid's Youtube video (missgalmorazzi)!
What has been the highlight of your summer so far? 


No comments:

Post a Comment