Tuesday 8 July 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag!

Welcome back guys! Today I am doing a beauty tag and I hope you all enjoy it. 
I tag everyone who is reading this.

Photo taken from Google

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging because I have a HUUUGE passion for make-up. Although I have loved make-up for many years, I never actually purchased any products until recently. Therefore, I thought that someone out there might appreciate it if I started a blog where I would slowly build up my beauty collection and also develop as a person

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
This is a difficult one because I have been reading blogs for AGEES! One that I remember very clearly is Zoella's blog. She is also someone who I aspire to be like in the future. Who doesn't love Zoella?
She was actually one of the main reasons that I started up my own blog. She taught me that anything is possible. Zoella started up her blog when she was going through a rough time and look where she is now!

Whenever in doubt about anything, remember that things always happen for a good reason!

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
This one is pretty easy for me. It was Benefit- They're real! If I had the chance to crown this best mascara in the world, I WOULD! However, I never used to love it this much. When I first purchased this product, it used to clump up my lashes, so I basically wasted most of the product because I kept taking it off- this was back in the day (about 5 months ago) when I didn't understand the importance of an eyelash curler. Since I invested in an eyelash curler, I began to understand the hype about this product. If you haven't tried it out, what are you waiting for!?!? For the best results with this mascara, I would advise using a good quality eyelash curler- I purchased one from Models Own and it does a brilliant job. 

What are your three favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
 Buying new things- Obviously a beauty blogger needs to buy new products to talk about, right? Yes, I have finally come up with an excuse to shop. I wonder who will sign me up to shopping rehab first?
Writing the blogs- Although it takes me forever to write a blog, I really enjoy it. It makes me feel good knowing that I can start giving my honest opinions on products that will help others. I know we all Google reviews before we purchase expensive things- what are beauty bloggers for ay.
Reading other blogs- I can spend hours reading different blogs. Not only do they give me inspiration for my blog, they also encourage me to buy something I do not need- I guess my bank account doesn't agree with this favourite.

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger? 
Well, one thing that I have learnt about blogging is that it is harder than it looks- I now understand why so many people get paid for it! I haven't been a blogger for long so I haven't learnt much yet; however, I am beginning to learn how to be more organized and I am also developing time management skills. One day, I will be posting blog posts atleast two times a week but 'New Girl' is such a big distraction.

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? 
The more questions I answer in this tag, the more I realise that I should have done it at a later date because I have no experience at all in blogging. All I have changed is that I have made myself more organized so that I can give you guys a blog post atleast once a week. Apart from that, naaah.
Oh, I nearly forgot... one thing that has changed is my urge to purchase new fashion and beauty items, I just want to buy everything, but thankfully I have controlled myself.
(I have definitely repeated myself in the last two questions- sorry). 

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? 
This is only my second post so I can't really give you advice because I am not an expert. But I will share with you what I think to myself to maintain my self esteem.
We all know that blogging is an extremely competitive industry and we should never compare ourselves to bloggers who have double, or even triple, the amount of followers that we have. Just remember that they have been doing it for many years and put the hard word into what they have achieved and if you continue doing what you are currently doing, you could achieve twice as more than they could ever achieve. Look at me right now, I have no followers on this blog, but that isn't stopping me from posting anything else. Why? Because I know that in  order to gain a successful blog, I need to find my feet in blogging and make sure that I make YOU, the readers, happy with the content of the blogs that I am providing.

What are your top 3 makeup brands?
Sleek- I LOVE sleek eyeshadow palettes. I think I own three of these and they are not at all expensive. When you see an affordable make-up product, you always doubt the quality, but Sleek eyeshadows are well pigmented and stay on for ages- wearing a good eye primer make the results 10 times better.
Benefit - I love everything Benefit, from their products to their packaging! Can you tell that I just want everything from their shop? I guess I am officially a Bene-babe!
Soap & Glory - This is one brand that everyone must love. They have a massive range of products and I think I love it all. Do not get me started on their body-care section... the smell! It is very affordable (most of their products are £10 or below) and the best brand for beginners. 

Recommend your top 5 beauty products.. 
Benefit They're Real Mascara- I'm sure I don't need to tell you all about this, but it's my most favourite mascara ever. Whenever I wear this mascara, I always get asked if "They're Real"- I guess it was a well thought out slogan.
L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim- In my opinion, this is the easiest liquid liner to apply because it is in a pen form- perfect application. I used to hate applying eye liner until I purchased this. The tip is so fine which makes the liquid easy to apply and it lasts for ages! Definitely repurchasing.   
Benefit Groovy Kind-a love - This was one of my first beauty gift sets that I received and my gosh, I was not disappointed. Benefit Cosmetics never fails to please. This set includes everything you need for a day out, which makes it very travel friendly, and all of Benefits selection of their favourite products. I am not 100% sure if they still this product, but click here to see what products were included in the set because they are all brilliant.
What is your favourite Benefit product?
Real Technique Brushes- I wasn't 100% sure if I could include these brushes in this section of the tag, but I needed to mention how amazing they were somewhere! I was a tad bit behind on the hype, but I am so glad that I have invested into these high quality make-up brushes. Compared to other brushes, these are inexpensive so I recommend them.


Did you enjoy this tag? Let me know what you think and whether you appreciated the advice on blogging and the beauty products.

What would you like to see next week? Post any ideas below:)
Miss Ani x

(I originally saw this tag on Chloe's Way).

4 comments:

  1. We can check into shopping rehab together! It's a problem!!
    Thanks for tweeting me your link!
    Xo, Dani

    www.theloveoflipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine if they actually existed!;)
      Thanks for the comment ❤

      Miss A x

      Delete
  2. Excellent post huni! ��

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete